Friday, January 26, 2007

On with the program....


I had decided that we were going to give the trying on our own til June before we went to any fertility clinics but a talk with one of my owners changed my mind. I just turned 39 on the 24th of January and she thought I had waited long enough and basically told me what I knew that I needed to get going now. This talk was on the 15th or 16th and I had an appt with a clinic scheduled for the 19th.

The appt was just a consultation with the doctor. We brought our test results from our OB and he looked those over and asked us some questions. We have been together for 12 1/2 years married for 6 1/2 of those years and we have never used any birth control. He thought it odd that all of a sudden in '05 I was pregnant twice when the other years I never got pregnant. Well, long story short, J is fine, semen analysis was good so he doesn't have to be tested for anything. I, on the other hand had a litany of tests to get done. He basically wants to check to see if my tubes are open, make sure I am ovulating and check the quality of my eggs.

I have done or had all the tests scheduled except for the HSG test, which is probably the most important test because it is the one to see if my tubes are open. This test has to be done between CD6-11. Well, guess what? It has to be pre-approved by my insurance company first. The doc at the clinic has to send them the reason why this needs to be done, then the insurance company either approves or disapproves that the test can be covered. In the meantime I am in the middle of my cylcle with day 11 being on the 1st of Feb. How much ya wanna bet they don't get this approved in time for me to be tested this cycle?

This makes me glad that I was talked into starting now as oppposed to waiting til June. Can you imagine waiting six months and then having to wait even longer because of insurance redtape?

In other news, my sister is doing well. She says we were more upset about the miscarriage than she was.

My nephew Aidan, niece Toren and sister Nancy are coming up for the weekend from NC. We are going to be celebrating mine(1/24), Toren's(1/25) and Nancy's (1/23) bdays at the Washington Capitals hockey game on Saturday. This is a family tradition going back as far as I can remember. Before Toren was born it was Nancy and I going to the game closest to our bdays and once Toren got here she was added to the mix. There's going to be 12 of us going and we are all sitting in club level. To those not in the know, that is the hooity-tooity section of the arena. The seats were $90 a pop but I only paid for some of them, four I think, I got cash from the others that are going.

I have been a Caps fan since the first year in 1974 so you can say it's in my blood. My dad was a big time fan and he had season tickets for the first ten seasons and never missed a home game in those ten years. When he died in Jan of 05 I told mom that it was the lack of hockey that killed him. The NHL players had been on strike or locked out and the whole season was scrapped. I am such a fan that I went and got a tattoo of the Caps eagle logo on Saturday. I'll see if I can post it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home